Why do students cheat in exams

Cheating during exams become common more and more. Cheating in college has been with us since the inception of higher education. When you try to think of the biggest reason why college students cheat, there is probably one thought that comes to your mind: They are lazy and are just looking for ways to get better results with little effort. But this is not true all the time.

Most of the students cheat to just verify the answer of their mathematics questions.

Some students have written the 80% of their paper, their sitting to cheat the rest of 20%.

In a survey of 24,000 students at 70 high schools, McCabe found “64% of students admitted to cheating on a test, 58% admitted to plagiarism and 95% said they participated in some form of cheating, whether it was on a test, plagiarism or copying homework.”

Some students also cheat to avoid the punishment by their teacher. I just remember my high school days when students are punished to score 75% marks instead of 90%. This thing lead to cheating.

Students are not the only stakeholder of cheating. Their society , school and parents are also involved in it. I have seen cases in which teacher encourages their students to help other students in board of examination which is nothing than cheating.

One of the main reason of students to cheat is a lot of burden by professors in the form assignments and papers. This lead the student to hire some one to do their work

Leave a Reply